In my kids’ tennis class they are getting good enough to have actual rallies. The coach feeds them a ball and has them play out points. Each rally is worth 1 point and they play to 10. To stop them from trying to hit winners on the first shot and in attempt to get them to play longer rallies, the coaches tried out an interesting rule. “The ball must cross the net four times before the point begins. If your shot goes out before that, its 2 points for the other side.”
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Left, Right, Then Left Again
- How to Shill on eBay
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
- The Adult Safety Break
- Really Great Essay By Raquel Fernandez On The Culture Of Economics
- Pricing Bareback
- Organs for Money
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events decision-making economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @stuartpstevens: If nothing else, I wish the Russians would hack into Trump's phone and get the tweets about FLOTUS he keeps writing &… 2 days ago
- If you're not using those superdelegates can we have them? -- GOP 4 days ago
- Caveat whatever-the-Latin-word-for-reader-is. 4 days ago
- There is no scarcity of rope. Donald Trump Threatens the Ghostwriter of “The Art of the Deal” newyorker.com/news/news-desk… via @newyorker 5 days ago
- RT @stuartpstevens: Somebody should think about starting a party that values individual liberty and collective purpose. Might be a market f… 5 days ago