An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Volleyball Scoring
- Pricing Bareback
- Left, Right, Then Left Again
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- How to Get Published in a (Top) Economics Journal
- Anglo-Eu Translation Guide
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events decision-making economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @joshgondelman: A lot of people are saying Trump is on coke, which is ridiculous. People on cocaine love to talk about their specific pl… 1 day ago
- RT @TonyFratto: One of the quotes Trump denied saying... twitter.com/maiamitchell/s… 1 day ago
- RT @stuartpstevens: This pretty much proves it wasn't Trump's night. breitbart.com/big-government… 1 day ago
- 5. Peoples, of Judea 6. Judean Peoples' twitter.com/ltthompso/stat… 5 days ago
- RT @retsoor: *ubers into a sunset billboard* 6 days ago