Smartphones are valuable because they make it possible to substitute tasks over time and across locations. As a result we are freer to be where we want to be when we want to be even if we have work to do. So when you see, say a parent thumbing away on his iPhone at an otherwise family function, before you judge him remember that without his iPhone he might not be there at all.
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- The Overtime Spike in NBA Basketball
- Volleyball Scoring
- Left, Right, Then Left Again
- How to Shill on eBay
- Pricing Bareback
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
- How Do Restaurants Decide Your Wait Time?
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events decision-making economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- The three-way ecstasy of H20 at the moment they collectively become vapor. 6 days ago
- "Off of" is the new "on" 3 weeks ago
- With a different spin of the wheel it would have been a story about a cockroach who woke up as a bed stuck under a human 4 weeks ago
- F Kafka F Kafka Fkafka fkafka fkafkafkafka fkafkafkafkafkafkafkafkaf kafkafkafkafkaf k afkaf K Afkaf K Afkaf 4 weeks ago
- Like a period that knows it's italicized but the world will never know. 1 month ago