In my kids’ tennis class they are getting good enough to have actual rallies. The coach feeds them a ball and has them play out points. Each rally is worth 1 point and they play to 10. To stop them from trying to hit winners on the first shot and in attempt to get them to play longer rallies, the coaches tried out an interesting rule. “The ball must cross the net four times before the point begins. If your shot goes out before that, its 2 points for the other side.”
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Pricing Bareback
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- Kellogg/NU Nobel Economics Predictions 2012
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RIP John And Alicia Nash 4 days ago
- RT @JohnHCochrane: The Grumpy Economist: Homo economicus or homo paleas? johnhcochrane.blogspot.com/2015/05/homo-e… 4 days ago
- RT @NCAAResearch: These 6 FBS schools (led by #B1GCats) had at least half their teams receive APR awards. Congrats to all! http://t.co/oPvb… 1 week ago
- Lifehack: organize your worlds so that when they inevitably collide its a supernova not a black hole. 1 week ago
- Just a list of visitors to WBEZ today http://t.co/55eDcrJCNb 2 weeks ago