Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- Krugman Misfires In Amazon Vs. Hachette Battle
- Who We Are
- Jean Tirole, Nobel Prize Economics 2014
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Behavioral Economics Reading List
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Bad Neighbor
- Thoughts On Northwestern Football Unionization
- Pricing Bareback
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @k_trahan: The way college football teams sell tickets makes no sense. @NU_Sports is changing that. My latest for @Forbes: http://t.co/M… 5 hours ago
- Poured just now http://t.co/bErweDK0Se 11 hours ago
- RT @CheapTalkBlog: Solidifying Bad Precedents wp.me/pqX2p-3y5 1 week ago
- Nemmers got there first 1 week ago
- RT @retsoor: military drone shooting water into a clown's mouth from space 2 weeks ago