Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- How to Shill on eBay
- The Ornament Game
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Pricing Bareback
- Debraj Ray Reviews Piketty
- Bad Neighbor
- The Overtime Spike in NBA Basketball
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- Yawn... Wake me up when it's ASSA Havana. 1 day ago
- Things that can be figgy besides pudding. Figgy flapjacks, figgy wheelbarrow, figgy earthquake. 3 days ago
- RT @insidenu: The Chronicle of Higher Education named Kain Colter one of its most influential people of 2014: m.chronicle.com/article/2014-I… 3 days ago
- NU Football union decision looming insidenu.com/2014/12/11/737… 1 week ago
- Stories are data shar.es/136fRi 1 week ago