Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How to Shill on eBay
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Pricing Bareback
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
- Volleyball Scoring
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- A Simple Theory Why Moving To California Doesn't Live Up To Expectations
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RIP John And Alicia Nash 2 days ago
- RT @JohnHCochrane: The Grumpy Economist: Homo economicus or homo paleas? johnhcochrane.blogspot.com/2015/05/homo-e… 3 days ago
- RT @NCAAResearch: These 6 FBS schools (led by #B1GCats) had at least half their teams receive APR awards. Congrats to all! http://t.co/oPvb… 6 days ago
- Lifehack: organize your worlds so that when they inevitably collide its a supernova not a black hole. 1 week ago
- Just a list of visitors to WBEZ today http://t.co/55eDcrJCNb 2 weeks ago