Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Pricing Bareback
- How to Shill on eBay
- The Art of Blackmail
- A Simple Theory Why Moving To California Doesn't Live Up To Expectations
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Volleyball Scoring
- Jeff's Intermediate Micro Course
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- It's no longer necessary to add "on the Internet" to "I saw" 11 hours ago
- RT @Benjamin_Hale: The time when the Ren & Stimpy guy made a Bjork video youtube.com/watch?v=IKSoBJ… 1 week ago
- "Dave King is in less control of the metaphor than Hemingway" m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZamT… 1 week ago
- RT @k_trahan: Here's what NCAA rules changed today in the autonomy voting: sbnation.com/college-footba… http://t.co/yAIoyy9FeV 1 week ago
- RT @DannyEcker: The @NorthwesternU profs that came up w/ the 'Purple Pricing' model have their first non-NU customer: Georgia Tech. http://… 2 weeks ago