Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Obsessively Checking Email, Feel Free To Profit From This Idea
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Pricing Bareback
- A Simple Theory Why Moving To California Doesn't Live Up To Expectations
- How to Shill on eBay
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
- The Economics of Pinball
art bacon is a vegetable banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- Harold McGee is a treasure. slate.com/articles/life/… 17 hours ago
- How about just that someone has to be incredibly smart to be able to get a PhD despite not being able to read? scientificamerican.com/article/the-ad… 1 day ago
- Oh no. Bob Weir abruptly cancels upcoming tour dates blog.sfgate.com/loaded/2014/08… 1 week ago
- Employing an infinity of monkeys to type out every possible string of text to claim it all for the public domain. 1 week ago
- If you ask your phantom arm you are the phantom mind. 1 week ago