Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @NU_Tickets: .@itsmerossw #B1GCats single game #B1G tickets go on sale Fri., Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. Some games available now via http://t.co/0… 1 day ago
- Building a wall around yourself and declaring the rest of the world is in prison. 4 days ago
- Where to eat in Berlin? Mitte. 5 days ago
- Discovering that notwithstanding your massive bed of laurels there's still no rest. 1 week ago
- RT @NU_Sports: Purple Pricing is back for five B1G games during the 2014-15 @NUMensBball season. Check out details at: http://t.co/RxFsjVyB… 1 week ago