Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- Krugman Misfires In Amazon Vs. Hachette Battle
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- Thoughts On Northwestern Football Unionization
- How to Shill on eBay
- Bad Neighbor
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Volleyball Scoring
- Jean Tirole, Nobel Prize Economics 2014
- A Simple Theory Why Moving To California Doesn't Live Up To Expectations
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @k_trahan: The way college football teams sell tickets makes no sense. @NU_Sports is changing that. My latest for @Forbes: http://t.co/M… 1 day ago
- Poured just now http://t.co/bErweDK0Se 1 day ago
- RT @CheapTalkBlog: Solidifying Bad Precedents wp.me/pqX2p-3y5 1 week ago
- Nemmers got there first 1 week ago
- RT @retsoor: military drone shooting water into a clown's mouth from space 2 weeks ago