Went to Vera for the first time last night. It doesn’t take reservations but it was not hard to get table at 7 p.m. on a Thursday, even though Vera was on the “Best of Chicago 2012″ list at Chicago Magazine. I had two companions and we managed to get through roast mushrooms, lamb pinchos, langoustines, paella, calcots, papas bravas, grilled asparagus and fried artichokes! Only the papas were generic. The wine list is quite original and the waitress made great recommendations. I’m definitely going back.
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- The Indiana Religious Freedom Law and The Economics of Discrimination
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- The End of Asymmetric Information?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- Volleyball Scoring
- Pricing Bareback
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @CheapTalkBlog: The End of Asymmetric Information? wp.me/pqX2p-3zk 3 days ago
- Everyone else waking up just before you die. 3 days ago
- The Sun star-splaining planetary inclusion to Pluto. 4 days ago
- 2D glasses that you wear irl 6 days ago
- "I was asked to reflect on my career but I am vain enough to believe that I am too young to do that." Jean Tirole (Nemmers Prize ceremony) 1 week ago