An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- Volleyball Scoring
- How to Shill on eBay
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Pricing Bareback
- The Peacock's Tail
- Golden Balls Solved?
- How To Prepare A New Class
- Jeff's Intermediate Micro Course
- Kellogg/NU Nobel Economics Predictions 2012
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @gappy3000: In the future, the Superbowl will be replaced by Grand Jury announcements. 20 hours ago
- RT @NU_Tickets: .@itsmerossw #B1GCats single game #B1G tickets go on sale Fri., Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. Some games available now via http://t.co/0… 6 days ago
- Building a wall around yourself and declaring the rest of the world is in prison. 1 week ago
- Where to eat in Berlin? Mitte. 1 week ago
- Discovering that notwithstanding your massive bed of laurels there's still no rest. 1 week ago