An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Emir Kamenica To Be Featured On This American Life This Sunday
- Pricing Bareback
- How to Shill on eBay
- Marginal Revenue Is Bigger Than Marginal Cost For E-Books Says Amazon Vs. Hachette
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- Jeff's Intermediate Micro Course
- Who We Are
art bacon is a vegetable banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- ND printing an (N+1)D printer for all N>=3 4 days ago
- Everything I ever needed to know I learned from de Morgan's Laws 5 days ago
- Nice video of The Wedge vimeo.com/m/104546151 5 days ago
- The wedge today. NB that water is about 2 feet deep. abcnews.go.com/US/surf-newpor… 5 days ago
- Yeah it's even better than that. http://t.co/TYTryRbdvM 1 week ago