An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- The Indiana Religious Freedom Law and The Economics of Discrimination
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- The End of Asymmetric Information?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Volleyball Scoring
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- Pricing Bareback
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @CheapTalkBlog: The End of Asymmetric Information? wp.me/pqX2p-3zk 3 days ago
- Everyone else waking up just before you die. 3 days ago
- The Sun star-splaining planetary inclusion to Pluto. 4 days ago
- 2D glasses that you wear irl 6 days ago
- "I was asked to reflect on my career but I am vain enough to believe that I am too young to do that." Jean Tirole (Nemmers Prize ceremony) 1 week ago