An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- Commitment and Extraction of Ransoms
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- Pricing Bareback
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- How to Shill on eBay
- Volleyball Scoring
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events decision-making economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @AcademicsSay: #UCCShooting https://t.co/lIRy2aHPYJ 2 days ago
- RT @itsjondavis: Div-I basketball player is struggling w/ decision on whether or not to come out publicly. Let him know your thoughts. http… 4 days ago
- RT @gappy3000: The Catholic Church is the only organization in which the head is a guy wearing a skirt and embroidered underwear who's agai… 1 week ago
- RT @LettersOfNote: 17-year-old Morrissey slams the Ramones: http://t.co/ZakhrGqzSe 1 week ago
- RT @gappy3000: When everyone thinks outside the box, the box becomes a quiet, empty place that's ideal for thinking. 2 weeks ago