An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- The Establishment GOP Needs Approval Voting in the Primaries
- Volleyball Scoring
- How to Shill on eBay
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Pricing Bareback
- Left, Right, Then Left Again
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
- Maximizing Consumer Surplus Part I: Complete Rationing
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events decision-making economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @dbkahn: Just a reminder: more people voted in Kim Kardashian's twitter poll today than in the Iowa Caucuses twitter.com/KimKardashian/… 5 days ago
- RT @ethan_iverson: OK, at 5 PM EST I'll practice "Carolina Shout" for a while on @periscopeco. More like boring performance art than anythi… 1 week ago
- Your shadow just wanting to be followed back. 2 weeks ago
- I noticed that citizens united makes it easier to defeat Trump and now I am confused whether I am supposed to watch NPR or FoxNews. 2 weeks ago
- RT @retsoor: *edits the words "I love you" letter by letter out of your wiki page* 3 weeks ago