An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How to Shill on eBay
- Who Gets More Pleasure From Sex?
- What Is The Difference Between ISIS and Al Qaeda?
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- Pricing Bareback
- Why Exams Should be Open Book
- Kellogg/NU Nobel Economics Predictions 2012
- Volleyball Scoring
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RIP John And Alicia Nash 3 days ago
- RT @JohnHCochrane: The Grumpy Economist: Homo economicus or homo paleas? johnhcochrane.blogspot.com/2015/05/homo-e… 4 days ago
- RT @NCAAResearch: These 6 FBS schools (led by #B1GCats) had at least half their teams receive APR awards. Congrats to all! http://t.co/oPvb… 1 week ago
- Lifehack: organize your worlds so that when they inevitably collide its a supernova not a black hole. 1 week ago
- Just a list of visitors to WBEZ today http://t.co/55eDcrJCNb 2 weeks ago