An eternal puzzle is how a husband/father handles visits by his mother without agonizing conflict between the wife and her mother-in-law. Here is my Machiavellian solution. The husband should engineer a conflict with his mother that puts him in the wrong. Then the wife and her mother-in-law will naturally bond in the face of a mutual enemy. Don’t forget the key condition that the crime has to be egregious enough so the wife does not come to your defense. This is why the conflict should not be with the wife: your mother, being your mother, is naturally more inclined to side with you. Added bonus: husband is conveniently ostracized!
- Why Is It A Crime To Park Facing The Wrong Way?
- What is the Recommended Serving Temperature for Guinness?
- How To Open A Bag of Charcoal
- How to Shill on eBay
- A Simple Theory Why Moving To California Doesn't Live Up To Expectations
- Dani Rodrik On Dirty Tricks In Turkey
- Pricing Bareback
- Why Does the Fastest Swimmer Anchor a Relay?
- Why Do Bees Die After They Sting You?
- How To Teach a Three-Year-Old To Swim
art bacon is a vegetable banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @NU_Sports: Purple Pricing bidding for @NUFBFamily matchups with Nebraska and Michigan is NOW OPEN. bit.ly/PurplePricing http://t.co/C… 2 days ago
- RT @NUHighlights: Here is the purple pricing for the Nebraska and Michigan games. Both are the same but Neb is $10 more for sideline. http:… 3 days ago
- RT @DannyEcker: Northwestern is bringing back "Purple Pricing" this season for the Nebraska and Michigan games: chicagobusiness.com/article/201407… 3 days ago
- Sweet Playin in the Band from Europe 1972 filmed for German TV m.rollingstone.com/music/videos/w… 1 week ago
- RT @Susan_Athey: Golden Goose Award to McAfee, Milgrom and Wilson, for using economics to design markets: socialsciencespace.com/2014/07/of-gee… 1 week ago