Smartphones are valuable because they make it possible to substitute tasks over time and across locations. As a result we are freer to be where we want to be when we want to be even if we have work to do. So when you see, say a parent thumbing away on his iPhone at an otherwise family function, before you judge him remember that without his iPhone he might not be there at all.
art art of office politics banana seeds blog books boston california chicago coffee computers crime current events economics education evolution family financial crisis food and wine friends funny game theory incentives iPhone kludge language law marriage maths movies music obama politics psychology publishing sandeep has bad taste sanitation sport statistics suicide teaching terrorism the web tomatoes torture travel TV vapor mill war winter writing
- RT @gappy3000: Shamu is what you should feel when you kill an orca 1 day ago
- Disciplines in which data gets called "theory": chess, music. 2 days ago
- OH irl: I wish it was like this in minecraft. 2 days ago
- The New Rules of Oyster Eating | Lucky Peach luckypeach.com/the-new-rules-… 4 days ago
- RT @markleidner: seinfeld bumper music playing between wars 4 days ago